BFA Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
Visual Arts and Design. Studied painting with Samuel Rosenberg and color with Josef AlbersMA Hunter College New York, N.Y.
Studied with Fritz Bultman, Gabor Peterdi and Tony SmithRecent Professional Position:
Manhattanville College, Purchase, N.Y.
Clinical Field Supervisor in Art Education, 2002-2007
Mamaroneck Artists’ Guild Gallery Oct. 21- Nov. 15, 2015.
“Proclamation Honoring Hilda Green Demsky on the Occasion of her Six Decade Retrospective at the Mamaroneck Artists’ Guild Gallery Oct. 21- Nov. 15, 2015. I proclaim October 25 as Hilda Demsky Day in the great State of New York. George Latimer, N.Y. State Senator.”
N.Y. State Assembly
“Citation Honoring Hilda Green Demsky commended for her many outstanding contributions to the arts.. Oct. 25, Steven Otis, State Assemblyman, 91st District.”
Office of the Westchester County Executive, N.Y.
“For the artist’s contributions to the field of visual arts.”
Westchester County Board of Legislators. May 1990
“salutes the artist’s work for showing Long Island Sound as it was and as it can be.”
For an environmental exhibition at The Rye Arts Center. Sept. 1994
The Fulbright Fellowship to The Netherlands
The National Endowment for the Arts & The Getty Foundation to paint in Italy
The Puffin Foundation, New York
The Henry Faurest Memorial Fellowship, Indiana
Christa McAuliffe Fellowship, United States Government
2007 Arts Alive Artist Grant, Westchester Arts Council, funded by the New York State Council on the Arts for “Creating an Exhibition of the Bronx River as a Great Community Resource in Westchester.”
2007 Certificate of Merit, New York State Board of Legislators for Achievement in the Arts.
2006 Strategic Opportunity Stipend (SOS) New York Foundation for the Arts, New York State Council on the Arts and Garrison Art Center for presentation of her art at the Fulbright Conference in Morocco.
2006 Manhattanville College Faculty Award for travel to Morocco
2005 Strategic Opportunity Stipend (SOS) Travel to Costa Rica: exhibition in National Gallery
2000 SOS Drawing the coast of California
1999 SOS Grant to China: research on women artists
2014 Golden Apple Residency, Maine, August
2012 Caribbean Museum Center for the Arts, St. Croix, January
2010 Cill Rialaig Residency, Ireland
2008 U.S. Department of the Interior to Acadia National Park, Maine
2007 Andy Warhol Visual Arts Residency, Montauk, N.Y.
2006 The Mary Anderson Center for the Arts, Mount St. Francis, IN
2005 The Constance Saltonstall Foundation for the Arts, Ithaca, N.Y.
2004 The Julia & David White Artists’ Colony, Costa Rica
2003 The Ragdale Foundation, IL
2003 2002 The Virginia Center for the Creative Arts, VA
1999 Fundacion Valparaiso, Mojacar, Spain
1989 – 1988 The Vermont Studio. Johnson, VT
1987 Rhode Island School of Design
Solo(*) and Group Exhibitions:
2017 Artumentory Saginaw Museum of Art, Saginaw, MI
“A Life in Color” Paintings on Mylar & canvas IONA College, New Rochelle, NY March
2016 Pleiades Gallery, NYC “Heart of Stone: Hidden Quarries” May 17-June 11
“ Fulbright at 70”: George Washington University, Washington, DC Nov. Dec
2015 Arts Westchester “Revisiting Arcadia; Contemporary Landscapes” July-Aug
* Mamaroneck Artists Guild, 6 Decades of Painting Oct. 25-Nov. 13
* Pleaides Gallery of Contemporary Art, NYC, Nov. 25-Dec. 20
* Harrison Public Library, June 1-30
* Pleaides Gallery of Contemporary Art, NYC, Feb. 19-March 16
* Mamaroneck Town Center Gallery, January
* Fountain Art Show at Armory, NYC, March
* Pen & Brush Gallery, NYC, March
* Pleaides Gallery of Contemporary Art, NYC March
* Schoodic Arts for All, Winter Harbor, ME Aug. 16-Sept. 1
* Sheldrake Environmental Center Larchmont, N.Y. March-May
* Katonah Museum Artists Assoc. Juried Exhibition, March
* Becket Arts Center, Becket, NY July
* Pleiades Gallery,” Water Eats Stone” NYC Nov – Dec.
* Mamaroneck Artists Guild, Nature in Flux: Paintings of Waterfalls”
* “The Bronx River: A Great Community Resource in Westchester County”
* The Eastchester Library Gallery, Nov.
* Pleiades Gallery, “Out of the Blue: Rivers of New York” May
* “From Heaven to Earth” White Plains Library.
* Regina Gouger Miller Gallery Carnegie Mellon University Jan.
* The Schoolhouse Gallery, Croton Falls, NY.
* Katonah Museum Artists Association .Oct 20- Nov. 12
* Pleiades Gallery “Celebrating 32 Years” NYC
* The Arts Center Gallery, Saratoga County Council of the Arts
* Galeria National, San Jose, Costa Rica
* Sophia Wanamaker Gallery, San Pedro, Costa Rica
* Pleiades Gallery NYC
* Pen & Brush Gallery NYC
* The Rye Nature Center ”Long Island Sound Effects”
* Hammond Museum, Salem, NY
* Zoe & Floyd Gallery, Seymour, CT
* Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY
* Krasdale Gallery, Bronx, NY
* Manhattanville College, Purchase, NY
* Pleiades Gallery, NYC
* Mamaroneck Artists Guild Gallery, Larchmont, NY
* Westmoreland Museum of American Art, Greensburg, PA
* Jules Place Gallery, Boston, MA
* Pleiades Gallery, NYC
* Xerox International Art Showcase, Stamford, CT
* Manhattan Borough President’s Gallery
* Pace University New York, NY Feb 25-March 23
* Pen & Brush Gallery New York, NY Juried exhibition November
* Jules Place Gallery, Boston, MA December
* Mamaroneck Artists’ Guild Gallery, Larchmont, NY December
* Pleiades Gallery, NYC Sept. 25- Oct. 13
* Lyman-Eyer Gallery, Newton, MA July 23-Aug. 28
* Manhattan Borough President’s Gallery New York, NY March
* Fine Arts Gallery, Westchester Community College Valhalla, NY April
* Pleiades Gallery, New York, NY September
* Fordham University Lincoln Center Gallery, New York, NY Mar2-30
* Lyman-Eyer Gallery, Newton, MA July 23-Aug 28
* Womens’ News Corporate Headquarters, Harrison, NY Oct.
* The Rosenberg Gallery, New York University May 17-30